Sunday, December 19, 2010

Hasta La Vista, 2010

As the year comes to a close, I feel that it's necessary to list the things that everyone lists at the end of the year.  The things I liked about this year, and the things I won't miss next year.

Thank You, 2010:
  • I got married!
  • I was finally able to cut my hair.
  • I moved in with Justin.
  • I had my first, however sad and short-lived, job since college.
  • I learned how to work Movie Maker in Windows 7.
  • I was able to spend the whole year photographing in 10 megapixels.
  • I finally came to terms with crying at movies.
  • I found Tumblr.
  • I discovered the Amtrak system.
  • Our first Valentine's Day away from SC.
  • Antoine Dodson.
  • I actually sat and watched my first football game on TV.
  • We moved into an awesome apartment that we found for ourselves.
  • I got to see Charleston for the first time.
  • My last single birthday.
  • I got to spend time with the people in the world who mean the most to me.

Thanks For Nothing, 2010:
  • The eBay Lady.
  • The morning of my wedding day.
  • That God-forsaken apartment at The Mews.
  • I had to defer my student loans even longer.
  • The ice back in January.
  • Justin Bieber.


Whether is was good or bad, 2010 was a decent year.  Lots of adult stuff happened.  But all the while, God was there.  And He'll give me another year if He sees fit.  Here I come, 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment