Saturday, January 29, 2011

A Lover's Epiphany

I had an epiphany earlier today.  It was about love and chocolate.  I will now explain.

I use chocolate as a simile, because I like chocolate and it makes sense.  When you love something, chocolate for example, you don't spend time wondering why it's not like something else, but rather wondering why other things can't be like it.

I find myself asking Justin so often about changes in my appearance, specifically if he wishes something were different.  I even go so far as to ask him about certain aspects of specific celebrities or people we know and compare them to myself.  "Do you like her red hair?  Do you wish mine were red?"  "I wish I had her nose."  "At least she doesn't have huge thighs like me."

And every time, he always gives the same answer.  "I don't care about her hair, I love your sexy brown hair."  "Your cute little nose is perfect."  "Honey, your thighs are not huge."  He always has something positive to say about me.  And I realized, he never wishes me to be something else.  He is actually happy with me, as me.

After I realized that, I realized something even more extraordinary.  I feel the exact same way about him.  I have never wished he was something or someone else.  I never regretted his lack of a Johnny Depp six-pack, or how his hair doesn't look like Bradley Cooper's.  I like Justin's stomach and Justin's hair.

When I eat chocolate, I don't wish I were tasting vanilla.  When I'm stuck with vanilla, I wish I were eating chocolate.  Chocolate has qualities about it that no other confection has.  Sure, other things are sweet, smooth, and satisfy my craving, but chocolate is the one I want when the craving hits.  I wish every other confection were chocolate.

With Justin, it's the same way.  When I'm not around him, I wish I were.  When I see celebrities that are "hot," I don't feel any admiration for them.  Sure, they are attractive, and their features are nice to look at, but only Justin's features really satisfy me.  When I see them, I automatically want to be with Justin instead.  I wish every other man could be like Justin.  I love him, and I'm in love with him.

I can't help what I'm attracted to, and to say that I don't swoon over celebrities once in a while would be a lie.  But I can't help what I love either, and that's definitely Justin.  And he's sweeter than chocolate.






No comments:

Post a Comment