Yesterday was my 25th birthday. It was pretty awesome.
Justin and I headed home to SC on Friday for a long weekend. We rolled into town around 9 p.m. and hung out with his parents at their house.
We woke up Saturday and decided to do a little town-exclusive shopping. Justin bought some comic books and got Luke a gift card to Wal-Mart. Then we headed to my mom's house for a little hang time. The four of us went and had lunch at Ricky's, which was amazing. (sn: God, Durham has no food in it.)
After lunch, Justin and I headed back to his parents', where we all hung out in the pool for a bit with his Aunt Tracy and cousins Kelsey and Trent. Then we headed out for dinner. We were originally going to Apollo's, this little Italian hole in the wall, but when we pulled up there was a sign on the door that said the place was closed from July 2 until July 10, which I think is just an awful long break, just for the 4th of July! Justin's parents pulled up in their truck and I quipped about Justin's dad treating me to a steak for my birthday, since he had made the comment earlier that day. He agreed and we all went to Outback, which was really good. A friend of ours is a manager at the local theater back home and whenever we visit, she usually scores us free tickets. She was nice enough to give us tickets to see Transformers 3 in 3D. Neither one of us really cared for it.
On Sunday, we went to Justin's friend Alex's house for a get-together at 2. Since we aren't sure if we're coming home for Justin's birthday (everyone's is in July; mine is the 5, his dad's is the 11, his is the 24 and his mom's is the 29, so the gas for all those birthdays would be horrendous), Alex decided we would have a birthday celebration while we were home. A bunch of our friends from home all gathered at Alex's for swimming in the pool and a hilarious display of testosterone surprise.
![]() |
| don't ask. |
The came Monday, the 4th. We didn't really do anything to celebrate. Mostly we sat around watching the Casey Anthony trial on TV. Justin took me out on the town for my birthday. We went to O'Charlie's for lunch (the same place he took me for my 18th birthday) and the food was excellent. We then headed over to Best Buy where Justin bought DJ Hero 2, since it was super cheap because nobody thought it was cool at full price. Later that evening, Alex and his girlfriend Stephanie, along with my brother Luke, came over to shoot the rest of the fireworks. After those were over, we all stuck around to chat for a few hours and then we all headed our separate ways. I headed home with Luke because my mom had this little neurotic tic this weekend and wanted us to wake up in the same house on our birthday. Oh well. Didn't hurt anyone.
THEN there was the birthday...day. Luke and I got cool stuff.
Our mother had been planning something big for each of us for the big day, and everyone (but me, obviously) knew what mine was. My big to-do was a stand mixer that I really wanted for my kitchen. I had had enough of stirring and mixing with my arm! That takes some powerful strength that I'm pretty sure I don't have. I'm so stoked about the stand mixer, it's so pretty. It's red, which matches my kitchen. I also received a special mixing arm and a cover for it. Other gifts I got include: a new purse, a perfume bottle, dish detergent in my favorite scent, pearl headbands, a camera keychain, an unofficial tell-all book of Gilmore Girls, and a $50 gift card to Michael's. I'd say that's a pretty good haul! My twin brother Luke got a nice menagerie of things as well: a new stereo for his car, a T-shirt, some Dragon's Blood scented incense, a TMNT USB drive, $200 cash, a dragon license plate, and 3 movies.
We also had an awesome cake. It had whipped icing, which is my favorite. Luke's favorite color is orange and mine is purple, and people constantly think that we pull for Clemson when we really pull for Carolina, their eternal enemy. The cake was really good. After we had opened the presents (which waited until after the reading of the Casey Anthony verdict) and ate some cake, Justin and I had to be big meanies and pack up and leave.
I really hated having to leave, especially on my birthday, but I didn't really have a choice. Justin had to work today and if I did stay, he'd have had to drive all the way back alone and we'd have to pay for a train ticket and blah blah blah, it just wasn't worth it. So after we spent good, quality time with everyone, we headed home.
We rolled back into town around 10 p.m., after no traffic whatsoever and a really wonderful weekend in the Burg. Justin played around with his DJ Hero for a while, and I got caught up on the Internet with blogs and such that had been updated over our long weekend. I am officially a quarter of a century old. But I think it's just the first quarter down. I think I've got at least two more to come. But I don't think they're going to be this awesome.





No comments:
Post a Comment