I re-found my blog from when I was 20. I can't believe that was more than 4 years ago. My first couple of blog posts consisted of musings of me working in my father's office the summer before I went away to college. Afterward, I wrote about things that honestly bothered me, not a test the next day, or a rumor around campus, but things that really hurt my soul. I read them tonight, and for the first time in over 5 years, I am proud to say that I am not hurt by those things anymore. My heart genuinely doesn't ache while I read about them. I am officially over them.
And now to update.
Before: 7' x 7' dorm at college, right across the campus from my boyfriend.
Now: 700 SF apartment with my fiancé.
Before: I had to write in blogs and I couldn't talk to other people.
Now: Everyone knows how I feel.
Before: I only dreamed of getting married.
Now: I am.
Before: I thought I already knew who I was.
Now: I know that I am never going to be done knowing who I am.
Life is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment