It all started yesterday when Justin was a dear and took me to A.C. Moore to buy Fall decorations. I wasn't really after anything terribly specific. I knew I wanted to make a wreath, and I knew I wanted some leaf garland. So, we got there and a lot of things were on sale. We walked around and found a couple of things that I just couldn't leave without.
Wreaths were on sale, as well Fall garland and Fall ribbon. I took advantage of all of that. I was very pleased with not only what I got to take home (I got one of the big bags!), but also what we saved and how little we spent for what we got!
| My goodies from A.C.Moore! |
Next came the wreath. I sort of made it as I went along, but I think it turned out cute!
Here is what you'll need, should you want to make your own:
- Scrapbook paper. Probably just one sheet will do, depending on what you want displayed on your banner.
- Scissors
- String/thread
- Wreath/wreath ring
- Ribbon
- Pen/pencil
- Tape
- Sticker letters and/or die cut letters if you don't have an "Autumn" sign
When I started, I wanted to make a banner to stretch across the front of the wreath. I found pumpkin scrapbook paper, and only needed one sheet, barely. I wanted the banner to look like the banners at car dealerships, where several triangles are connected by a string. When it came to finding something I could make identical triangles with, I had a hard time. I finally decided to use the corner of the sleeve the letter stickers came in, since I could see through it, and measured the biggest letter beneath it, which was the W in Welcome.
Once I cut the first triangle, I didn't need the corner of the sleeve anymore, I just traced that one triangle 6 more times, for all the letters in the word Welcome.
Once I cut all the triangles, I stuck all the letters on.
I used sewing thread for the top of the banner, and used very thing strips of tape going from the front and stretching over the top to the back of the paper, over the sewing thread.
I had a pumpkin charm that I tied to the end of the thread I used to hold the triangles of the banner.
I love the wreath we bought. Can you believe it just came like this? I've never seen a helix wreath like this!
This part was real simple. I just took the wire ribbon we got (I liked the print, it by no means has to be wire ribbon), and wrapped it around the wreath.
After the ribbon was wrapped, I just tied the banner across the front, tying the ends to the wire in the wreath, and stuck an Autumn scrapbook applique on the bottom.
And voila! A lovely Fall wreath!
| The little leaves on each of the triangles came with the Autumn applique. |
Happy Fall!
No comments:
Post a Comment