Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Crisp.

I got up this morning and went running.  The air was so crisp and it was the best feeling I've had in a long time when the air stung the back of my throat as I sucked it in.  Ahh, fall is upon us!

I had decided I wasn't going to decorate for fall until it felt like it outside, despite all my friends and favorite blogs having started their decorating back on September 1.  And despite the most amazing drink in the entire world, the Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks, coming out that day as well (which I also have sadly not partaken in yet).  But if this weather keeps up, it looks like I may just have to decorate this weekend while Justin is judging at the Escapist Expo.  Oh, the horror. ;)

In other news, if you recall, I was contacted through Indeed by a woman named Kim Mills over at Career Partners International about a job opening.  I had a phone interview with her back on the 20 of August, and last Thursday, the 6 of September, I had the second-round, in-person interview with her at the CPI headquarters in Chapel Hill.  I felt good afterward, having "studied" all night reviewing possible interview questions and answers (none of which were even asked in the interview; not the 5-year plan, not "tell us why we should hire you," nada!).  Kim said that CPI was attempting to release a new product by the 25 of this month and she was juggling the interview process for this position on top of the product release (which is her actual position at CPI, product manager), so she wasn't sure when I'd hear back from her.  But I heard something within a month of the last interview, so here's hoping!

I am getting more and more afraid of the race in October.  At first, it was like, "It's just running."  But now, as we are getting closer, I am realizing that I have never run a stupid race before, and it's a long race for me. Three miles doesn't seem to be anything to anyone else, but it sure is to me!  When I was out this morning, my brain just refused to wake up.  I couldn't get into it, and I didn't do a very good job.  This cannot happen on race day.  Sigh.  As with everything that comes with a deadline, I guess I'm just freaking out because it's actually going to happen now.  At one point, it was just a far-away date on the calendar, but now it's only 45 days away!  That's pretty crazy.  I really need to step my game up.

My race countdown on RunKeeper.

I guess that's all for now.  I shall return later when I have something else incredibly compelling, witty, and awesome to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment