Thursday, December 29, 2011

2011: The Goodbye Edition

I can't believe it's almost 2012!  This year went by really fast, and I usually don't say that because I feel like 365 days can't go by "fast," but I remember things so vividly as happening "last week," or "just the other day," and then I realize those things happened back in April or even earlier this year.  It's just crazy.

Last year, as I do every year, and as I will probably do on the first day of 2012, I made a list of resolutions that I hoped to keep.  Let's see how I did.

Lose some amount of weight, even if it's 2 pounds.  I think my weight was just a constant yo-yo this year.  I've come to the same conclusion I've come to many times before, and that's (sadly) not that I like my body the way it is, but more so that I've come to accept it, and that if I really wanted to change something concerning my weight, I'd do it.

Find a job.  I did find a job.  I was hired by Web Strategies Internet Solutions on February 15.  I love working for them, and the work is always fun and easy.  Maybe in 2012 I can get more hours, though.  Then, on September 15, I was hired by Intab, an elections supply company.  I still technically work for Intab, but my hours there are very few.  I work one day a week, and not every week consecutively.  Better than nothing...sometimes. :)


Pay off the credit card and the health department.  I did both of these things, and I feel like they are my biggest accomplishments of the year.  I was able to pay off the health department with Justin's help, and once I was employed at Intab, I paid off half of my credit card balance.  My mother was gracious enough to pay off the other half.  It's amazing the relief that comes with paying off things like that.


Learn a big something new.  I don't know that I learned something new that was necessarily "big," but I've learned a lot of new things this year. I was subjected to a lot of new things with both jobs I have, and I've learned a lot of things concerning crafting.

Eat better; more apples, less sweets (this will probably be my hardest one).  I didn't eat a whole lot better, but I drank a lot more water, so I think that counts!

Make something by myself.  I made a couple of things by myself.  I discovered new recipes, and made a few crafts, like both craft exchanges, and some minor crafts at home, like Autumn and Christmas decorations (centerpieces, wreathes, etc).





Beat a high record in Rock Band.  I don't think we played Rock Band a whole lot this year, and now that we've given Luke Justin's old Xbox, we can't anymore.  I guess we're past playing it.  *Nose wrinkle* I hate getting older. ;)

Get a new phone.  I did get a new phone.  It inspired one of our worst fights to date, but I love it.  It's a Droid 2 Global.



Read, write, and listen to new music more.  I did read and listen to new music a lot more this year.  But I'm sort of angry that I didn't write more.  I really want to work on that more.  I wrote more on my blogs and on Tumblr, but not in terms of stories, which I want to work on.
I'm Tumblr famous! :)


Do something I swore I'd never do.  When I wrote this particular resolution, I guess I was trying to sound whimsical, because I'm not sure I've ever sworn I'd never do something.

Let Justin help me more around the apartment.  This lasted about a whole month, if that.  He began hinting that he'd like to help more around the apartment, but once I actually started asking him to help, it became a, "Why do I have to do it?" situation.  So, it just stopped.

Not be so up-tight about things.  This will never go away.  I'm good at prepping myself to be calmer and handle certain issues or situations better, but in the moment, I totally go human on it.  Ehh, can't win 'em all!


I think most of the resolutions for this year turned out well.  Here's hoping next year's will be better and attained!


No comments:

Post a Comment