2011 brought a lot of good things for me. We got Bonnie, and Justin and I took our first married trip for our anniversary up to D.C., and I got my big haircut (I hope to get another haircut soon, my hair is sort of driving me crazy). It was a good year. It started out bad, and sparked one of the worst fights Justin and I have ever had. It's been a unique year of learning and taking and giving. I wrapped up a lot of loose ends and gained new insights and experiences. I hope this new year will be just as good and eye-opening and sweet.
As always, I plan to make some resolutions to keep for the upcoming year. I've made an outline for the resolutions for this year, however. First, I'm only going to make 5. Usually every year I get carried away and make many more than 5, and end up feeling obligated to honor all of them, or I just forget them entirely. I feel like 3 could be sufficient, but, depending on what they are, may not be enough. So, I compromise with 5.
Here's what I hope to finish/accomplish/do in 2012:
- Pray more. This past year, I got back into a praying routine, something I hadn't done a whole lot since college. I hope to continue that more this year.
- Finish scanning pictures from the red binder and give it back to Connie. Some months ago, probably even a year, I borrowed this red binder from Justin's mom that had all of his baby pictures in it with the intention of scanning the pictures so we could have them. I still haven't done this, and intend on completing this task this year.
- Read and write more. I made this resolution last year, and although I did read more than in 2010, I didn't write hardly at all. I kept my blogs updated pretty regularly, but didn't partake in any recreational writing, which I something I really want to get into the groove of! I also really want to finish up my backlog of books to read. This time last year, I read two books in the time span of one week. I was so proud of myself. And then it took me almost six months to read the third book, and it's been an uphill battle since.
- Worry less. I've realized this a is a huge problem of mine. I wasn't really aware of how much I worried until this year and I'd really like to worry less. To say not to worry at all is just unrealistic, but I'd sure like to worry and stress out a LOT less than I do.
- Be a more proactive housewife. In other words, get shit done. I got real slack this year. This time one year ago, I had been married all of a month and a half and was getting increasingly cozy with being a lazy housewife. This trend continued for most of the year and I don't want a repeat. I want to be more proactive, and clean when things are dirty and put things up when they're clean. I need to be more on it with my chores.
This is some awesome weather to bring in 2012 with. It's all of 66 degrees outside and Mike, Justin, Bonnie and I are sitting here with the windows open enjoying it. I say, out with the old (or bad) and in with the new (or good)!
(Oh, and just for the record, I'm not on the Mayan bandwagon. I think it's a load of crap.)
Here's to 2012! /clink.
No comments:
Post a Comment