Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Baby Woes

Doggy baby, anyway.

I got called into work today.  That means that Bonnie gets left by herself all day.  The first time we did this back in November, I insisted that we coop her up in the kitchen using the mattress as a barrier, but she didn't do anything.  And today, as usual, she didn't mess inside!  She's an awesome dog like that.

While I was getting ready and trying to get Justin up for work, Bonnie was helping me like she usually does by jumping up into the bed and helping me wake Justin up by walking around him.  I was in the kitchen putting a Banquet meal in my lunchbox, when I heard, "Ugh, Bonnie!" from the bedroom.  My first thought was that she messed in the bed.  I ran into the room, and found out that she threw up!  This is the first time she's ever done that.  It wasn't a lot, and it honestly just looked like she chewed up her food and spit it back out.  She's been eating a lot of grass lately, ever since we changed her food back in December.  I wrote that up to her adjusting to the new food.  But she's still eating the grass, and now this morning she threw up, albeit just a little bit.

I'm not sure what's going on with her, but she doesn't seem out of the ordinary.  She doesn't seem sick or lethargic or anything.  I just keep praying that she'll be better and stop eating the grass.  Maybe she got into something and I just don't know it.  I just don't want her to be sick!  If this continues a lot longer, we may see a vet visit in her future.

No comments:

Post a Comment