Friday, January 20, 2012

Some Easy Art

I've recently found A Beautiful Mess, a blog showcasing fashion, photography, recipes and other cool stuff.

I saw this picture along the bottom of the page a few weeks ago, and liked the words "easy" and "wall art."  (click picture for tutorial)


The tutorial was really good, and I was excited to make this.  I thought it was such a neat idea.

I went out looking for some sort of art to use, and ended up finding really cheap already-framed art at the dollar store!  I was pretty stoked.

I used a sponge instead of a brush to paint the picture once the letters were stuck on it.  Here is what I came out with:



I'll admit, there were some places where the paint that got pulled up by the tape I placed around the edge of the dollar store print.  I had to fill those in with a Sharpie.  But you can't really tell in this picture, and you also can't really tell in the frame.

It's currently hanging up in the bedroom.  I bought another frame, and am currently waiting to get some foam brushes before I make another one.  But it's a cute little piece of art.  You sure can't get it at the dollar store!

No comments:

Post a Comment