[picture is coming!]
Plus, it's a huge upgrade from the skirt that I fell in love with in Vaguely Reminiscent that cost almost $80. It gave me a sad face.
My mom insisted on leaving that night, because she has this thing where she doesn't want to "take our weekends away from us," which is a very sweet thought, but also a bit absurd at times, because weekends are there for a reason. But anyway, we started packing her up to go home when we got back to the apartment, and it was sad. But I'll see her again in a few weeks (I'm going home the weekend of the Super Bowl), so it's all good! A great time was had by all.
I also tried some new recipes last week! I live on Campbell's Kitchen. I'm always finding new recipes on there to try, and they always come out delicious! I haven't had a stinker yet!
Last week, I made two new dishes. The first was Chicken Mozzarella. Justin really loved it, so we will probably be having it again soon. As in, I'm going to the store today and will probably buy the stuff to make it with then. Here's the recipe:
1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Healthy Request® Condensed Tomato Soup1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning or dried oregano leaves, crushed1/2 teaspoon garlic powder1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (about 1 ounce)1/2 of a 1-pound package rotini pasta (about 3 cups), cooked without salt and drained
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the chicken into an 11 x 7 x 2-inch baking dish. Stir the soup, Italian seasoning and garlic powder in a medium bowl. Spoon the soup mixture over the chicken.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle the chicken with the cheese. Serve the chicken and sauce with the pasta.
I had to bake my chicken a little longer because my chicken breasts were a bit larger than the recipe called for. But, they only needed about 15 more minutes, so it wasn't too bad.
The other dish was Beef and Noodles in the Crockpot. I was a huge fan of this while we were eating, but it sort of killed my stomach a few hours later. I'm not worried, though. Most new dishes do that to me! Justin liked it as well, but was dealing with family drama on the phone at the time, so his enthusiasm wasn't as clear. Here's that recipe:
1 pound beef for stew, cut into 1-inch pieces1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)1 can (10 1/2 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed French Onion Soup2/3 of a 12-ounce package medium egg noodles (about 4 cups), cooked and drained
- Place the beef into a 3 1/2-quart slow cooker. Stir the soups in a small bowl. Pour the soup mixture over the beef.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours or until the beef is fork-tender. Serve the beef mixture over the noodles.
Yes, it's that insanely easy. I'm not even joking, I cook with my crockpot every single week. Sometimes, more than once a week. It's a necessity to my kitchen!
Well, I said not too far back there that I had to go to the store, so I guess I'm going to get dressed and go! Bummer.

No comments:
Post a Comment