Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Playing Catch-Up

Man, do I have a lot to get this blog caught up on!

This could get lengthy.  I'm not sorry.

Exhibit A: Some New Crafts.

A "timeline" of my mom's life.  I made this for her back in February.
I cut this off the bottom of a set of photo albums and framed it.  So cute and free!

 

Exhibit B: Easter was fun.

This year, my mom and I decided to make Easter deviled eggs!  We boiled the eggs, dyed them in homemade dye, and then deviled them!  They were cute and a real hit at Easter lunch!






My hair on Easter morning.  It won't ever look like that again, nor did it before.

The gang on Easter.  L-R: Dolly, Luke being sneaky, Elyse, Robbie, Mother, Justin, Me, Papa.

Exhibit C: I look just like my mom with short hair.

People have said that I look like her my whole life, but there have only been one or two occurrences where I thought so, too, and Easter weekend was one of them!  Mother was showing me some pictures of my grandparents' 25th wedding anniversary, and she had short hair at the time.  Justin lost his mind when he saw these, because we just look so much alike!  It's almost scary.

I had to photoshop these a little bit, because they were so dark.  But I'm assuming that's lipstick from Mama all over Poppy's face. :)
My adorable grandparents.  Poppy looks like a sailor to me.

Exhibit D: Speaking of which, I have short hair now!

Last May, I cut my hair really short for the first time in my life.  My entire family had a fit, but ultimately decided that they all liked it at different lengths.


As the year went, my hair got a little longer every month.
 
June.

July.
August.

It grew constantly until last weekend, when I cut it again.


It went from this...


To this!

I really love my hair being so short.  It feels good, it's cooler, and it literally takes seconds to dry from the shower.  I also love the growing-out period, where I can pin it or part it over with bangs.  It's really cute.  Dee, my stepmom, cut it a little shorter and choppier than she did last year, which I really wanted her to do.  I'm quite pleased with it.


I see so much resemblance here.  Wasn't my mom so pretty when she was my age? :)

Fun update!  One more big post soon, and then hopefully back to our regularly scheduled programming!

No comments:

Post a Comment