My dog, Bonnie, is terrified of thunder.
I think this is really something, because I was scared of thunder when I was a kid. Even on up into college, I had to listen to music or watch TV and movies to drown out the sound, something that most people seem to love and take comfort in. Sometimes now, if the thunder is really bad, I still jump a little when it booms.
So today, when Bonnie and I were home by ourselves, a thunderstorm came through town for a little while. I don't think it even lasted more than 45 minutes. I was sitting in the rocker by the window, noticing the incoming rain clouds. Once the storm finally started, thunder came. Bonnie ran from the bedroom into the living room where I was, wimpering. We found out she was afraid of the thunder about a month ago when a really nasty storm came into town one night. She backed herself into the space between Justin's computer bureau, where he always sits, and the sofa, where I always sit, and laid down between us. Let's just say she barely fit in there.
So today, she came and found me. I moved from my rocker to the sofa, and we huddled up together under our favorite blanket and waited the storm out. She was super uneasy at first, but gradually got better. I of course loved on her the whole time. Poor little scaredy dog.
![]() |
| Pictured: sheer terror. |
But that's not all.
Whenever she wants Justin to walk her at night, she performs a big show, running around the room and hopping in front of him. But tonight, she took it one step further!
Yes! She crowded herself onto the arm and got all up in Justin's face!
What a ham.
But we love her. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment