Tuesday, December 4, 2012

My 4th Handmade Gift Exchange

So far, I've done 4 gift exchanges with Craftaholics Anonymous.  For the last three, I actually made a gift with my own two hands and usually some tools.  But this time I did things a little differently.  I made a computer graphic for my craft buddy.


The background is applied so you can see the colors better.  I printed out the graphic on beige card stock paper and mailed it to PA!

Here's how I did it.

  1. I downloaded a Christmas dingbats font called RA Holiday, from here.
  2. I opened Photoshop and wrote out the alphabet, numbers, and other characters in the RA Holiday font.
  3. I saved that as a PNG file.
  4. I opened up that PNG file, and opened a new file in the size of a 4x6 photo.
  5. I typed Cummings (my recipient's last name), and colored it red.
  6. I went back over to the PNG file and started selecting the different dingbats I wanted to use.
  7. I pasted them on top of Cummings, and moved them where I wanted them.
  8. I colored them however I saw fit; they were all "hollow" to start.
  9. Once I was happy with how everything looked, I printed it out and sent some holiday cheer to my craft buddy. :)

What do you think?  I thought it came out really cute, and my mom is already asking for one for her name!  Nothing like being able to give someone happiness for such little time/cost!

No comments:

Post a Comment