Tomorrow, I will write my annual post regarding resolutions and other new-year-beginnings. Today, however, I would like to write about 2012. I mean, this is the last day of it and all.
Let's see what amazing things occurred in 2012...
- I went in for my yearly physical in January and found out I was a lot more overweight than I thought. I decided to do something about it and over the course of this year, I have lost 8 pounds! I tried some new crafting techniques, tried to start a daily writing prompt but couldn't stick to it, started to scare myself about my future children, and found some new music - finally.
- In February, I tried lots of new recipes, quit my job at Intab, bought a new dresser, got tickets to see Wicked for Vday, and started Freakin' Obsessed Friday.

- March was a more wound-down month. I came to the incredibly unfortunate conclusion that I had lost 6 months' worth of photos. I still haven't recovered them, by the way. We found out Durham had a Zaxby's, which thrilled our souls, and it's right next to Goodberry's! I finally finished The Green Mile. I learned about taxes, the hard way. I was also given a sewing machine by my absolutely awesome husband, but the post was never published. (Well, maybe March wasn't so calm after all!)
- In April, Bonnie revealed how much of a scaredy dog she is. I painted some pretty shoes for Easter. We went home for Easter and I got all my hair chopped off. Although I had heard of Etsy, my love affair with it began here.

- May had the fewest number of posts, with only two. I started writing about my move to Durham and how hard it was for me to acclimate. Desperate Housewives ended, and I started watching 30 Rock instead.
- June turned out to be a busy, fun month. Ray Bradbury died, and the literary world wept. The Indy Weekly came out with their Best of the Triangle issue and Justin and I made the best of that weekend trying out new things. KK5 came out and was promptly read. I told the blogging world about my then-new job. I discovered Boy Meets World exists in DVD form, and was graciously given the entire series by my sweet hubby. I participated in my third handmade gift exchange. I made my first, very little, thing on my new sewing machine. Justin and I had our first ever commission made by the supremely talented Gabe Dunston.
- The first week of July was my birthday week, and I turned 26 on the 5. The blog got a face lift. I found out that sometimes reliving your childhood as an adult isn't a good idea. I got that old, familiar baby bug - but this time, Justin and I actually discussed it and there may be Lunchables in the near future. :) I read Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. I looked into this neat 5K called Color Me Rad, and started thinking about running it. Then, after several signs, I decided to do it.
- In August, the date for CMR in Raleigh was finally announced. I read The Postcard Killers. It was in August that I started looking for other work. Still no word on that front. I suffered a good two-week bout of IBS, and pulled a Cinderella, using new shoes to fix the problem! Halloween came early, and I couldn't stop thinking about it!
- The Halloween kick continued into September. I discovered Wordle. I will make another cloud tonight to encompass an entire year's worth of words. I was finally able to run again, in crisp autumn air no less, and had a lead for a job that didn't end up panning out. I discovered Gangnam Style. I read and re-watched The Time Traveler's Wife. I left a sweet little goodbye letter for our little apartment, when the times comes for it.
- October was another busy month, clocking in the most posts for the year, with 23. I tried to do a 31-Day challenge but just couldn't stick with it. After buying an iPhone in September, I was then on the hunt for a case. I chose the I-Arc Reactor-You case. My blog finally reached over 1,000 page views since its installation in September 2009. I held a Halloween Movie Extravaganza, and started with my favorite, Hocus Pocus. I finally started seeing results from my running. This is the only positive reinforcement I received from my boss this year. I ran the Color Me Rad 5K in Raleigh, and wrote about the little-known details. I started jotting down ideas for tattoos. I published a long-forgotten post about accepting Durham as my new home. Justin and I held an awesome Halloween Party.
- We started November out with Daylight Savings Time. Justin and I voted in our first presidential election, and Obama won. For our anniversary, Justin and I went to Asheville, NC to see the Biltmore House at Christmastime. Still haven't had time to work on those pictures, though. I wrote up my experience with running in CMR. Justin and I continued our tradition of not eating turkey the day of Thanksgiving, and had Phil to enjoy the meal with this time. At the end of the month, I offered some cleaning tips I use myself.
- The Waterfields ended the year by heading down to Spartanburg for Christmas (no post yet), and I participated in my fourth handmade gift exchange. I was given an ultimatum about my job that I started in May, and there still isn't a lot that is certain on that front. As a Christmas present to Justin, I started reading The Dresden Files. I am currently on the second book.
That's a lot of stuff! Truthfully, when I start writing this post this morning, I wasn't expecting quite that many links. But it makes me happy to see the year in bullet form. :) 2012 yielded 122 posts, more than 2009, 2010, and 2011 combined! I hope to see similar numbers next year.
A whole mess of other stuff happened that just never made it into a post. One of my best friends, Dave, wrote and published a comic called Pizzula. Along with me turning 26, Justin turned 25. We went to see Wicked in May. The gang reunited for our yearly shenanigans at D*Con down in Atlanta, and this time Luke got to come! My mom started a new job. My step dad got laid off from his. Luke and Elyse started dating way back in February. I got a new Keurig for Christmas and have been loving it. Those are just some of the things that never got written about.
2012 was a pretty good year. A lot of good happened, and a lot turmoil got passed around, too. But I guess that's how it is with every year. As of midnight tonight, we have officially survived the Mayan apocalypse. I'll be glad when the year is over. It seems like December burdened me with a bit of the Scrooges. I've been in a bad mood almost this entire month. I'll be glad to turn the new calendar to the first clean page and start over in 2013. Thirteen is a lucky number for me, and I hope next year will be lucky.
Hope you enjoyed my little recap there. Happy last day of the year to you!






No comments:
Post a Comment