Friday, November 23, 2012

No Turkey Day, 2012

Every year for Thanksgiving, Justin and I usually eat something nontraditional since we head home for my mom's traditional meal the following weekend.  In 2010, we ate my mother's meatloaf with potatoes and green bean casserole.  In 2011, we ate my beef stew in the crockpot.  I like that, that we ourselves don't just eat the same old turkey and dressing as everyone else.

Also every year (at least the past two), it's just been Justin and me.  But this year, we had a guest!

For Thanksgiving this year, Justin and I had our friend Phil over for dinner.  Our friend Dave joined us after dinner for beer and movies.  A great time was had by all.  Here are some shots of the table.

We had quite a spread.  I made pot roast with Justin's Mema's gravy, deviled eggs, corn, mashed potatoes and key lime pie for dessert.  Phil brought over duck, which had been marinated and basted in Italian dressing.  Nothing like something different!
Such a lovely little "Friendsgiving."  Right now, we are packing to head home for my mom's traditional feast tomorrow.  Hope everyone has a great weekend and continues to be thankful for their blessings. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment