![]() |
| Click to enlarge. |
On August 18, 1920, women were officially granted the right to vote. I'm incredibly thankful to the women who struggled and fought and persevered so that I could be granted that right today.
If you are a woman, and you are able to vote today, please exercise your right. Even now in 2012 we are not always treated as equals, but we are granted this way to speak our minds and hopefully rally together for a better tomorrow. We owe it to ourselves and our forewomen to do this today.
Justin and I voted this morning.
We both voted for Obama. I'm hoping for 4 more years of continued, steady change instead of 4 years of restricted, archaic, chauvinistic repeats. Time will tell.
This sticker means more than telling other people that you voted. It means being able to look in the mirror and see it on your shirt, knowing that you have made a difference. Every vote counts. Don't belittle your own vote to feel like the algae in the fish tank. Every one counts.
Please get out and vote today. This is the future we're talking about here, not stupid Facebook statuses or rehashing the televised debates. This matters. Your vote matters.



No comments:
Post a Comment