Wednesday, November 7, 2012

4 More Years!

YES, YES, YES, Obama won the election!  AGAIN!

I was really beat yesterday, and laid down early.  I had gotten up to go running, walk Bonnie, got everyone's lunches together, voted, went to work, came home and walked Bonnie again, picked up Justin from work, got us dinner, and finally had time to just sit down!  So I was ready to sleep.  I had really wanted to see the results live, but I just couldn't keep my eyes open.  Pretty sure I passed out around 9:30 or close to 10.  Which sucked even more, because from what I can tell, results were known and shown as early as 11.  Dang.

But, from my optimistic perspective, I guess it's a tradition for me.  I passed out at Winthrop and missed seeing the first time he was elected president, too!  Much like yesterday, I had been going all day.  Being a mass communication/journalism major, I had to get up on everyone else's day off and interview people voting, poling attendants, and students.  So by the time it got dark at 5 p.m., I was out like a light.

So, I missed it both times.  Oh, well.

Waking up to this on my local news website soothes some ills. ;)


I'm glad to be a woman, a voter, a liberal, and a nation under God.  Here's to 4 more years, President Obama.  Congratulations.  And I hope all my stupid republican Facebook friends stop bitching soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment