There are several reasons I have come to this decision. One of the most pressing reasons is because of the drive to and from work. It is 30 minutes one way. That's an hour drive a day. That gets old fast. Not to mention, the commute is putting some high miles on the car. My boss is annoying. And I don't feel challenged or appreciated.
I have been unhappy working there for a while, but there was one thing that finally pushed me over the edge.
I got called into work after a small hiatus on January 17. Several of the same people worked there from when I had started in September, but a few new people had been hired and then let go. For whatever reason, a work chart had been created and posted throughout the building. I'm not sure why we even needed one, since the entire company consists of less than ten people.
On this chart, you'll notice three things.
- Maris, the secretary, is listed on the bottom right.
- Rhonda (mid left) and Sarah (mid right) are also listed.
- I am not listed at all.
I don't know who Fernando (bottom middle) is, but I apparently took his place in January when he decided to quit, and they don't have the decency to replace his name with mine? It hurt. I know it's just a piece of paper, but it's what the piece of paper represents to me. I'm not worth the half a minute it would've taken to put my name on this list as a member of this team that I'm supposedly on. The team that I drive an hour for everyday, never call in sick for, and do whatever is asked of me for. This is the thanks I get? No, that's not right.
So, it's because of this paper, as proof, that I'm quitting. I'm sick of the drive and I'm sick of not ever being good enough or thought to be good enough. Because I am. There is a team somewhere that would really benefit from having me join them, and Intab isn't it. I'm really going to miss Mike in the warehouse, but that one (however awesome) little piece of good doesn't outweigh all the bad I've experienced working there.
Goodbye, Intab! Here's to bigger and better things!

No comments:
Post a Comment