Saturday, February 25, 2012

Out With the Old (Apparently)

We're getting a new dresser!

First a new shelf and now this!

Although, to be fair, this new dresser has been planned for a while.  Every year, Justin and I use our tax return to purchase one big thing.  Last year, it was our sofa.



This year, we decided we needed a new dresser.  The one we currently have is a really beat-up, wicker one from Justin's mom.  She gave Justin that dresser when he moved into his first apartment.  The drawers are pretty shallow, and are off the tracks.  This makes putting clothes up difficult, when each drawer keeps coming off the track when you put clothes in them!

Still from our apartment tour video.  Sorry it's so blurry!
We went out this morning to RoomStore, the same place we bought the sofa last year.  We were shown several dressers, but while we were wandering around on our own, we came across this one.


And I immediately fell in love with it.

Talk about an upgrade!

Not to mention, this dresser was the floor model, so it came with the media center and the hutch as-is for $745!  We were sold from the first time we saw it, but we like to sleep on things before we do them, so Justin went to play Magic and I went shopping the rest of the afternoon to think things over.  I went home and measured the space where it would go one more time.  I picked Justin up and we had dinner at Chili's, which is right next to the furniture store.  We decided to go look at the dresser one more time.  I made sure of all the measurements again, and after that we were good to go.  We didn't need to look anymore.

We headed downstairs and signed all the papers.  So we have officially replaced our dresser!

...on paper.

We have to come and pick it up, because since it's a floor model the store can't deliver it.  (what kind of logic is that?)  So we either have to see if Andy at work can help us with it possibly next weekend, since he has a truck, or we have to wait until Justin's parents visit us within the next month in their truck to move it.  (Justin thinks this is the best option, since they would help us move the new dresser and also take the old dresser back home with them all in one trip.)

Oh, well.  Good things come to those who wait, right?  ...right?  Ugh, I hate waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment