Wednesday, February 15, 2012

All Happyed Out: Valentine's 2012

This Valentine's Day was one of the best yet.  I tried to write about it yesterday, but instead got computer problems, and was so happyed out waiting for them to complete that I passed out.

The day started out on a sweet note, for sure.  I got up early to start making coffee and lunches, and found the iPad waiting on the counter for me.  There was a sticky note with a heart and an arrow written on it, pointing to the power button.  I turned it on and saw this:


There is an arrow in the top right corner telling me to turn the digital page, as it were.  So I did!


The rest of the pages followed like this:



Completely stumped, I opened Safari on the iPad.  What was this super cute setup bringing me to?

This is what I saw when I opened Safari:



I'll admit, at first I wasn't sure what I was looking at.  I saw Ticketmaster, and my brain automatically went into concert mode.  Who was coming to our area?  I was completely in the dark.  Even when I looked at the ticket there, probably due to a mixture of confusion and excitement, I still didn't see what the ticket was for.  And finally, my eye landed on this:


I caught my breath for just a second.  I was so surprised!  We were going to see Wicked?  The musical I had been talking about, and excitedly exclaimed the future showing of to my otherwise apathetic husband?  Really??

Justin was still sleeping (or so I thought, he had stayed awake to see my reaction), so I crept over to the kitchen table where my debit card lay and came back to the Mac to buy his Vday gift.  I got him a subscription to Pandora One, something he had wanted for a long time but didn't want to buy for himself.  Purchasing Pandora One took only seconds, so I opened his email on the iPad and brought up the email telling him he had received Pandora One so that it would be the first thing he saw when he turned it on.  I grabbed a sticky note of my own and wrote, "Two can play that game!" and stuck in to the front of the sleeping iPad.  I walked into the bedroom with the intention of leaving the iPad on his nightstand so that it would surprise him when he woke up, the same service he had done for me.

I walked quietly into the bedroom, shocked to find him awake, and whispered, "You didn't see me doing this!"  He pretended to be sleeping, and I left the iPad on his nightstand right next to him.  He took the iPad and laughed at the note, turned it on, and was very pleased with what he saw, him also having to look around for a minute to find the surprise awaiting him.

After he got his gift, he looked up and asked, "Did you see your present?" and I screamed yes and tackled him in the bed.  We were both so happy!  Then, to further make my gift so awesome, he told me he had logged into my email, found the message that first told me Wicked was coming to Durham, and grabbed the code to buy the tickets pre-sale!  I was even more surprised at how sneaky and thorough he had been!  He is so wonderful, that husband of mine!

A few days before Vday, because he just couldn't wait, he gave me my "little" (unbeknownst to me, a very accurate adjective!) Vday present, which was an SD card for my Nook! :)  I was a happy girl.

After the gift-giving, we had a vet appointment for Bonnie that Justin had booked forgetting it was Vday.  The visit went very well and our girl got a clean bill of health!  Plus, we got her started on this stuff called Trifexus, which is a chewable tablet that kills fleas, does heartworm and whip worm!  And it costs the same that we would have paid had all those same services been purchased separately, all in one pill!  Score!

The rest of the day, shamefully, followed as normal.  We both went to work, I in my favorite red top and LOVE socks, and afterword, we got Bennett's take-out.  We had planned to eat there, but both of us were really drained from work and decided take-out was better.  So we ate our favorite food in the comfort of PJs and Tuesday night TV.  A few hours later, we got ice cream.

As it was getting closer to bedtime, I almost fell asleep on the couch.  Justin asked me if I was tired, and I said, "No, I'm just so happyed out."  He smiled and tucked me into bed, ending one of the best Valentine's Days I can remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment