And for as long as I've seen them, I've wanted to do one. I've been thinking about what day or topic I could blog on for a long time, and there were certain criteria I knew I needed to follow. First, the name. Letters needed to be the same, and it needed to be a day that I knew I could probably be reliable to blog on every week. Plus, the content and subject matter needed to also be something I could blog about every week that wouldn't always be the same thing.
So, after some thought, I decided to do something called Freakin' Obsessed Friday. Every Friday, I'll write about some things (can't decide if I'm going to do 4 or 5 yet, since they both start with F) that I'm currently obsessing over.
Here are some reasons why this is going to work: I get obsessed with things pretty easily. And every week, my focus turns to something else for me to obsess over. I generally obsess over the same things, like music or photography or movies or TV shows. But every week, it's a different song/artist, a new photography technique, or a new TV show or movie. And even beyond that, I may be obsessed with something completely out of left field, like a phone app or my mom's meatloaf. Anything is possible!
I'm excited to do this. I really want this to work. I want to be able to look back on these several weeks from now and smile about what I was obsessed with "back then." So, without further ado, let's start this mess!
- Paul Robeson's Old Man River. This video has been been on repeat for me for the last couple of days. Paul Robeson performed Old Man River in the musical Show Boat. I heard him singing his version (there are many out there, including one by Judy Garland) during a special on musicals a couple of years back. I immediately wanted to hear the rest of it, and ever since I did hear it, I haven't stopped loving it. If you're not crying with him by the end of that video, there is something wrong.
- My new Nook Tablet. I bought my tablet on February 2 of this year. It wasn't a completely spontaneous decision. I knew I was going to give my mom my laptop, since hers is crap, and that I would need something to take the place of it. I pretty much knew I wanted a tablet. Justin got his iPad 2 when it came out last year, and I was very taken with it. It's such a nice middle ground between a phone and a computer. It's bigger than a phone, but it's not as cumbersome as a computer, not to mention a better battery life. So far, I love it. I wish more YouTube videos were available on mobile, but that's really my only complaint.
- Michael Crawford as the Phantom. I'm going to admit something. I have a serious thing for the Phantom. Like, I daydream about him. But not just any version of the Phantom. It has to be Michael Crawford, or it's no good. Crawford's voice, first of all, is perfect. Not just in terms of the Phantom, but in general. I could listen to him read the dictionary. And boy, does he make one sexy as hell Phantom! Sometimes, I listen to the Showtunes station on Pandora, and he comes on a lot. It's like Pandora knows me. Just don't get me started on Music of the Night, or we'll be here forever.
- 30 Rock. I didn't get into this show until just recently. I'd heard about it for a while, but had never watched it. One day, I found it on Netflix, and watched the whole series. It was then that I knew it was love. I love Jack, and I want to be Liz when I grow up. I love the humor, particularly in the earlier seasons. And who doesn't love Frank's new hat in every episode? Genius. This week at work, I remembered that I hadn't seen the most recent episode, so I watched it when I went to lunch on the computer. It reminded me of why I love this show, and I found myself laughing out loud several times. Now I'm re-obsessed. Like I didn't already love Thursday nights!

No comments:
Post a Comment