I have been searching for a before picture of this corner, which I was convinced I had, but apparently I don't! The closest thing I can offer is this video I made of our apartment last year. Lots of things have changed since I made that video, but look around 1:20 to see what the corner used to look like. Basically, it was just a Cowboy Bebop wall scroll that Justin's had since he was a teenager and a set of Rock Band drums.
Here's what it looks like now!
Isn't it nice? :)
I bought this shelf in college, and it had been sitting in my bedroom at my mom's house since. When Justin and I went home to do our taxes, I saw it and thought it might look good in our living room.
That white vase came from Target, and had already been marked down twice, down to $2.50! The sticker on the bottom said it was an oil dispenser. There were several "scratches" on it, and it looked like there were skid marks on it, or like someone had taken a permanent marker to it. I took my fingernail to it and found it came right off! I can just SOS that off, I thought. I bought it, went home, and sure enough it came off! Thank God for SOS pads.
The glass dragonfly you see in front of the clock and vase was a gift from my mother-in-law at our rehearsal dinner. Finally, a place for that, too!
The little blue bird is also from Target. It was in the dollar section by the door for $1.50. I think he's so cute. :)
The peacock clock was a gift from my brother last Christmas. I wanted it SO bad, and talked about it forever. He's awesome like that! It was from Cracker Barrel, and cost $40. This entire shelf was almost brought into being for the sole purpose of giving that clock somewhere to go!
On the bottom is a collection of photos (most of which were on the shelf when it was in my room), with a candle lamp and an engagement ring martini glass from my mother-in-law.
The artwork hanging above it is from Target, and cost $30. Justin and I were shopping in Target and we both saw it in the art aisle and were both so taken with it. We toted it around, but decided not to get it, despite how badly we both wanted, and also despite how neither one of us could stop talking about it that evening. So I went back the next day and bought it. And now we both love it in our home!
I could just sit all day long and stare at it; I love that corner. Now you can see why this made the FOF! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment