Friday, August 3, 2012

Like a High School Loner...

I finally have a date!

I finally know when Color Me Rad Raleigh is.  It will be Saturday, October 27 at 9 a.m.  Now I can tell people the day instead of just the month!  This is exciting, indeed.

Last night, I ran around my parking lot THREE times!  As in, I made a complete circle around my parking lot three times.  Not consecutively, but still!  This is a big deal.

Here's what's not a big deal...my "before" picture.  I want to track progress and the only way do that is in pictures so I can see for myself.  Ugh, I hate this.  Without further ado, me:

Day 1: July 29, 2012.

I know.  Seriously, what business do I have taking these kinds of pictures.  But, this is me.  I look a little more rough than usual here because I had just finished exercising and was beat.  I only remembered to take a picture of myself as I was getting ready to hop in the shower.

Maybe this is just more motivation to do something.  To get out and run!  I found the coolest bible verse yesterday that I'm going to write on my running shirt.

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
2 Tim. 4:7

Those are exactly the three things I want out of this 5K.  To do my best, to finish, and to have faith that God will help me!

Here I come, October! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment