Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Oh, what a day.

Today is apparently "one of those days."  I have been going since the sun came up (for real!) and am just about beat.  It's not even 2 p.m. yet!

There are three major things that are making today "one of those days."
  1. When I got up this morning, I had an email from my boss telling me to stay home today and now I'm fearful for my job security.
  2. As Justin and I got to the car to take him to work, the low pressure light came on.  Sure enough, we had a very low tire.
  3. I may have inadvertently ruined a pair of Justin's pants.
And now, I will elaborate.

Over the last week, my boss has been hovering a bit.  He keeps sending me emails, asking for specific jobs I'm working on or have been working on.  It's all very basic procedure, he's just keeping tabs, but it's also quite abrupt.  Then this morning, I get an email from him giving me the day off.  As much as I appreciate this, my mind is racing.  Am I slowly being fired?  I feel like he did a two-step of "What am I paying you for?" and "I don't need to spend money on that."  In this morning's email, he wrote that he was taking today to look over his budgeting and that some of the marketing budget may be cut.  I'm not sure what that means.  Does that mean I'm getting my hours cut?  Because that's no good, either.  Ugh.

The tire turned out fine.  I was able to drive the car to the dealership, and they were able to plug it, attributing the leak to a small nail.  So for now, we're good on that end.

I was fixing pair A of Justin's pants with some Heat N' Bond to secure a loose hem.  Once pair A was good to go, I picked up pair B, just to iron the hem.  The tag on pair B said Low Heat.  I didn't read this tag.  I only had to put the iron on there for a few seconds, because after that an imprint of the entire iron was left.  I freaked out and threw it in the washing machine in cold water.  I found a site online that listed white vinegar as a solution to removing iron stains and am currently testing this out.

I'll give an update on any of this when I know something.

Toodles.

Update #1 at 2:46 p.m.

I tried the vinegar treatment and promptly washed the pants.  The stain was much less noticeable.  I worked the vinegar treatment again and put it outside to dry.  Here's hoping.

Update #2 at 12:37 p.m. the next day

Well, as usual, things are fine.  I told Justin about his pants last night and after looking at them, he said they were fine and not to worry about it.  (Not worry?  Has he met me??)  Justin also made me feel a lot better about the job situation, which I've heard nothing more about.  So, not a very exciting update, but thankfully things are much better.  God's good that way. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment