Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Some Pinterest Updates

I realized that I haven't been sharing a lot of my adventures with Pinterest lately.  I've made 4 recipes I found on Pinterest (really 5, but one was just terrible, so I'm not going to share it).  All original sources are linked to either the pictures or their captions.


  • Wendy's Frosty Knockoff


    • I made this, because I absolutely love Frostys.  A small Frosty has 300 calories, and this knockoff claimed to only have 80.  It has a bunch of good stuff in it - pudding mix, milk, cocoa, vanilla, and Splenda.
    • After mixing it up in a blender, I had my first sip and was really darn smitten.  It tastes nothing like a Frosty.  But it does taste like a pudding milkshake, and it was delectable.  I'd recommend this; it's fast and sweet and good!

  • Miracle Mac N' Cheese


    • This recipe claimed to be extremely easy and quick, and made with homemade ingredients.  It was all of these things.
    • I made this last night, and I thought it turned out rather well.  Justin wasn't a huge fan (he likes traditional-Southern baked MnC the best), but he said it was okay.  It was very fast and easy to make.  I would recommend this as well if you're dealing with someone less picky than my husband!

  • Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Quesadillas


    • I made these originally to get some use out of the quesadilla maker Justin and I got for our wedding.  They turned out quite well.  I'd like to add more spice/seasoning to the chicken mixture, but I'm not sure what I want to add to it.
    • The recipe claims the chicken mixture to be very soupy, the original cook having to use a slotted spoon to remedy that problem.  Mine has never been soupy, and has always been nice and thick.  Not sure what I'm doing differently.  They are good, and super easy if you have a quesadilla maker.

  • M&M Cookie Pie


    • This thing.  Oh, my.  Not only is it incredibly easy to make, but it is scrumptious!  You basically make M&M cookie dough and plop it into a dish/pan instead of onto a cookie sheet to make a cookie pie.
    • Every time I make this, it's a big hit.  Justin loves it (!).  I'd definitely recommend this.

So there you have it.  A small update on how I'm actually trying to accomplish what I'm pinning!  I hope all you other pinners are enjoying seeing your pins come to life, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment