Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Cue Rocky Theme


I decided that I am going to train for Color Me Rad in Raleigh during October.  God gave me several signs last week and I am accepting them!

First, Justin surprised me with the tropical gummy bears from Duke that I love so much, which are rainbow colored.  Then, it rained enough to call for a second Ark that same night, and I thought it might be nice to run in the rain.  After that same rain shower, there was a full rainbow in the complex parking lot!  So, God is showing me a lot of colorful signs that I need not ignore! :)

In related news, I started working out yesterday.  I did a Netflix workout for roughly 35 minutes, rested until around 8:30 last night and then walked/jogged outside for roughly 35 minutes as well.  I bought all this healthy stuff at the store the other day; strawberries and bananas for smoothies, broccoli, already had pickles, bought some goldfish.  I've been counting my calories all day today.  From my calculations, after dinner tonight I will have consumed approximately 1,405 calories.  I think that's great, but I'm probably going to have to step up that number closer to 2,000 for endurance training.  I don't know, honestly.  I'm just kinda making this up as I go and hoping for the best.

I feel like I should mention that I'm not trying to lose weight.  I'm trying to complete the 5K in 8 weeks.  If I lose weight during the next 2 months, that's great.  But for once, I'm not trying to get the big number down.  If I do that, I'll have a different outlook and perspective on this, and I don't want that.  Anyway, just wanted that to be clear.

I ate yogurt today and actually liked it!  It was Yoplait Light in Strawberry Shortcake.  It didn't taste like its namesake, but it was SO sweet and good!  It left the best taste in my mouth.  You must understand, yogurt has never done this for me.  It has always tasted sour to me.  That was a pleasant surprise.

I'm excited to do this.  I really hope I can stick with it.  Normally, people have a hard time starting something, but once they get in the groove, they can stick it out.  I am the complete opposite.  Starting something is no biggie for me, it's staying with it that always defeats me.  So, I think I'm off to a good start.  I just hope I can prove this to myself!  Prayers are appreciated from random blog-readers. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment