Last week, I used this recipe from Urban Nester to make Baked Oatmeal Casserole.
It was a big hit with Justin and Dave, but I would have liked it more
without the chocolate. I'm one of those weird people who doesn't like
the chocolate+fruit combo.
| Good to the last bite! |
With the leftover strawberries and bananas, I made Justin strawberry and banana waffles the next morning. He loved them.
Today, Justin and I spent the 4th watching Hey Arnold! on Netflix most of the day and having red, white, and blue spaghetti for dinner.
The noodles look a little teal in these pictures, but they were more so blue!
Just before dinner, Justin headed out to go get a birthday surprise for me! I wasn't sure what it was, but I was really excited about it!
He brought me a Kroger whipped-icing cake!! It is, like, my favorite thing.
| Purple icing! |
I also got lovely flowers and a very sweet card. :)
It sure made for a great surprise kickoff to my birthday weekend!
I wish the day had started off as well as it ended, though. My poor hubby woke up around 5:30 this morning knowing out-right he was going to throw up. And after waiting an hour sitting on the bathroom floor, he finally did. Afterward, when we tried to go back to sleep, he threw up again. That's just not a nice way for anyone to start their day, especially a day off work! But thankfully, he's doing much better now and didn't get sick anymore today. Ginger Ale and McDonald's cure anything!
![]() |
| My mom bought me a 4th of July headband. Rock on. |
Hope everyone had a very Happy and Relaxing 4th! God bless America, and bless us, everyone.
*I'd just like to apologize for some poor lighting in these pictures. Delilah is on loan to my mother at the moment for photographing a wedding. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment