Friday, July 27, 2012

Perhaps I Will Color Myself Rad

If you've never heard of Color Me Rad, it's a 5K marathon where all the runners/walkers wear white and are pelted with colored cornstarch.  Everyone ends the race looking like a tie-dyed mess.  And it looks like so much fun.  And it's coming to Raleigh...

I'm very much considering doing this.  I have a little less than 3 months (depending on what day the marathon is in October) to run/train for the marathon.  I've seen several blogs where people have participated and it looks like a lot of fun.  From what I can find as far as pricing, it's also only $35 to register.  Color Me Rad Raleigh takes place at the Time Warner Country Music Pavilion and benefits the Special Olympics of North Carolina.  I just don't see a downside here.


Well, there is one.


I'm such a lazy ass, I don't know if I'll be able to actually run the race, but I want to do it to have fun and have an awesome memory.  I'm not looking to "win" or come in first, or even really get a good time.  I just want to do this.  As long as I finish, I will have won.  I do, however, want to run a little bit and get in a little shape before doing this.  Even if I just walk the whole thing, a 5K is still no easy feat.


I'm really excited about this. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment