Sunday, July 1, 2012

It's My Birthday Week!

The week of my 26th year is finally here! :)

I'm planning on going to Walmart, or even the dollar store, and getting some birthday stuff for myself.  Like, a Birthday Girl ribbon and streamers to decorate the apartment with.  Because I can.

I'm also going to photograph myself at some point this week and make something like this that I originally found on Pinterest.


I kinda hope I always treat my birthday as a big deal.  It seems the older you get, the less your birthday means to you and the less you celebrate it.  I understand doing this in favor of celebrating your children's birthdays with more gusto, but I read something once that really stuck with me.  It said to appreciate every birthday that you get, because someone was not as lucky as you.

Chilling words, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment