...of being 25!
I was skipping through the Internet this morning and through a series of events landed on the Boy Meets World IMDb page. As usual with these things, I just had to scroll through the Trivia (it's my favorite part).
As I was browsing all the neat tidbits, I saw this small button on the left side.
Buy it at Amazon? I thought. Impossible!
You see, Boy Meets World was my favorite TV show as a kid, and for most of my adult life I've been trying to buy it on DVD. But all I ever found was random seasons (like in Walmart), or "complete series" that seemed sketchy (like on eBay).
So, to see the option of purchasing it was unbelievable at best to me. But I clicked the button, and then saw this...
O...M...G...
I could not believe it.
Not only was the entire series available, but it was for a damn good price, too! My heart soared, and I was SO happy!
I immediately put the link up on Facebook, and Justin has already called Dibs on it for my birthday! :)
Which, speaking of my birthday, is in two weeks!
As in, two weeks from today! How crazy is that?
Although, it actually seems like a long time ago that I wrote about my last birthday. Usually, things that happened a while back seem like they happened just last week to me, but my 25th birthday seems like it has a lot of distance between it and this coming one.
It's just absurd to me that I'm going to be 26 in two weeks. As you grow older, it doesn't really occur to you that one day you will be 26. Literally my whole life, I wanted to be 13. I'm not sure why, I guess it was the appeal to me at the time of being a teenager. I turned 13, and then I wanted to be 16. Not even for the chance to drive a car, just to be 16. I think either 16 or 18 was certainly my finest year to date. I loved everything about those two years, and I had a lot of fun growing up during them.
Then of course, being in college and whatnot, 21 was the age to be. I turned 21, and didn't drink much. I still don't drink much. But after 21, there's not an "exciting" age left. There is no hype associated with being 25 or 27 or 30 or 32 or any other age. 21 is where that all seems to stop.
Therefore, I don't think it really occurs to people that there is something after 21. That is the goal after all, isn't it? To reach 21? Then after that, what? You're an adult? That's boring.
And now I'm turning a boring 26. If my future self could have told me when I was 16 where I would be 10 years later, I don't know what I would have thought. I'm actually an adult. I'm past the first quarter of my life. It's just so weird to me.
I don't mind the part about getting older, though. Getting older doesn't scare me. In fact, at this age, I'm quite excited for it to happen. I'm in the middle bracket now, you see. I've officially made it to the next age group on drop-down menus. I'm not early 20s, and I'm not 30s yet, either. I'm in that bracket where no one really takes me seriously but they should. I know what I know, and I know how to do what I do. I'm on the verge of having children, but don't have them yet like so many of my mid-20s counterparts. I'm experienced in my field, but not enough to get a decent job in it. I'm just in the middle.
I'm anxious to get past this stage of my life and into the more serious one, but not so much so that I'm not going to enjoy it. I love my life, and the people in it. Especially the ones that've been around for 25 years! Everything in my life is good, and I hope God will give me a chance to enjoy it for another birthday.
But you know what? I'm accomplished! I'm past getting my license, going to college, being able to drink, and being able to rent a car. I've done all that. So, that's something not everyone gets to brag about. Go, me! Here's to 26!


No comments:
Post a Comment