The Independent Weekly released their annual Best of the Triangle last week.
In case you are not familiar with BTT, it is a compilation of the best everything in the Triangle, as voted by readers. Generally, BTT is greatly anticipated every year.
After we found out BTT was out, Justin and I decided to make this past weekend a try-new-things affair, as well as enjoying some current favorites of Durham.
After lunch, I talked Justin into a Loco Pop, and we even picked up a Pup Pop for Bonnie!
We hung out at home the rest of the afternoon, while I read KK5 and Justin played either Rift or Diablo on the computer.
After looking through the Indy Weekly for another idea, we saw that Lilly's Pizza was opening their Durham location last week! And so, that was dinner for us.
We ordered the Super Duper pizza and split it. It was basically another variation of a Meat Lover's Pizza, but all the meats were so good, especially the sausage! The prices weren't too high, either, considering the competition like Randy's. But, as a word of caution, go for dinner or lunch at off-peak times. It took almost an hour for us to get our pizza. Don't get me wrong, it was a Saturday night during the maiden voyage in Durham. I understand them getting the kinks out, but just make sure to keep that in mind if you decide to go when it's busy.
![]() |
| The Super Duper at Lilly's Pizza |
The Durham branch of Lilly's is right next to Morgan Imports, which is one of my favorite stores in Durham that I never have money to shop in.
![]() |
| They make pointy-toed rain boots now. Huh. |
![]() |
| This is the bike I'm going to buy in the near future. I've wanted it for SO long, and only $100? Heck yeah! |
Right across the street from Morgan Imports in Brightleaf Square, which is quaint and awesome, so we took a quick stroll through there.

The sun began to set on the way back to the car, and it made for a lovely picture.
![]() |
| We saw this bumper sticker in Offbeat Music, and love it because we totally agree with it! |
But after all the fun was had at Brightleaf, we got our Loco Pop on one more time. But since the afternoon, the A/C had died and it was over 80 degrees inside! At least the ice cream didn't melt.
So, that was our short new-Durham-stuff weekend. But we own the copy of Indy Weekly with the BTT 2012 in it, and now it's online, so we will definitely be checking out new stuff again soon!
In the meantime, I leave you with this video of my sweet Bonnie eating her Pup Pop. It's adorable.









No comments:
Post a Comment