Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Why this job is better.

Several months ago, I wrote this post regarding working for one of my former jobs and how I knew it was time to quit.  In that post, I realized the job chart at work, which was posted in many places, didn't have my name on it after I had worked there nearly 6 months, but had the name of a person who had only worked there two days.  This upset me and was the final straw in a long-running debate with myself over whether or not to quit that particular job.

This morning, I got into work and sat down at my desk.  I opened my right side drawer for the white-out roller to fix my time sheet and found this:


Another organization chart of the company.  I immediately picked it up and searched it for my name.  And guess what?


It was there!  Don't worry about the spelling of my name; when Adrian first hired me, he could have sworn my name was Cathy, so he's called me that ever since.  Trust me when I tell you, he means Caty.

This made me very happy.  I feel accepted here, and the proof is on the sheet (as they say in the Color Catcher commercials).  Not only that, but this chart calls me the Assistant Marketing Manager!  That's pretty cool.  It's kind of like an inner-company promotion.  Maybe I'll change it on Facebook.

It's things like this that make me realize how right I was to quit the other job and take this one.  Things fell into place here for a reason, and I was meant to work here.  Some days, I think the exact opposite.  I just feel like up and quitting.  But not today.  I'm taking this as a sign to work here.  After this exact same thing influenced my decision to leave one job, it can now influence me to stay at another one.

Hooray :)

No comments:

Post a Comment