How about that?
This October, amidst the writings of Halloween decorations, movies, food, and other daily life occurrences that I choose to write about, I'm going to do a 31 Days challenge, and join in the third year running over at The Nester.
A lot of bloggers are doing a 31 Day challenge for the month of October, and many of them have linked up over on The Nester (there are several - last I checked there were 582!). It seems like many people have offered up their own idea of what to blog about for 31 days, but I decided to steal one. :)
After looking through the multiple links for inspiration, I decided to go with a photography theme. I know - no surprise there!
I would like to have more photos on this blog. Around this time last year, I was posting lots of photos that I had taken. This year, I feel like I haven't hardly posted any at all! My About Me page says that I am fluent in Nikon, but I haven't been speaking it a lot lately. Here's hoping my 31 Days will change that!
Admittedly, every photo I post may not come from Delilah. Sometimes, since I always have my phone with me, I will just snap a picture when I see it from my phone. I will specify when this happens.
My aim is for all my pictures to be glamor shots of everyday things. I want to take the water boiling on the stove in the kettle and turn it into something beautiful. Of course, PhotoShop may play a part in this from time-to-time. Not every snap of the shutter is award-winning, after all.
Here's my homemade button which will appear every time I post a 31 Days picture.
Happy October!
PS - I'm #630. :)

Even though I am not on the Nester, I think I am going to take a page from your book and do the 31 days challenge. Can't wait to see what you do!
ReplyDeleteHmmm...this would be a good challenge for me too! I have already chosen my 31 days topic but may just do this one myself too!
ReplyDeleteThanks for dropping in, Morgan and Emily! Good luck with your 31 Days!
ReplyDeleteI'm excited to follow along with your 31 Days Caty! I just upgraded to a Nikon D90 (from a Sony A100), and I'm learning it's ins and outs. I like that your goal is "for all my pictures to be glamor shots of everyday things." Perfect and good luck! --Anna
ReplyDeleteThank you, Anna! So sweet of you to drop in and wish me luck. I hope you like what you see! :) Delilah is a Nikon D3000, and I love her. You will adore your Nikon!
ReplyDeleteYour block on the Nester caught my eye, because I'm doing something similarish, and I shoot Nikon too (I have the D7000). Good luck with your 31 Days... looking forward to your future posts! :)
ReplyDeleteThank you, Sara! I'll be excited to see your posts as well!
ReplyDelete