As a continuation of our last movie update, today's post is about Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors. Same story, different movie: Freddy Kruger is targeting the children of the mob that burnt him alive and is coming to them through their dreams. If you die in the dream, you die in real life.
So far, I've got to say, this is my favorite one. I really liked a lot of things about this movie in relation to the first two.
- In the original, it's mentioned that Freddy is a shape-shifter, although the idea of him morphing into something else to fool his victim isn't really showcased until this installment.
- I like the casting for this, specifically the two actors that went on to do other things, like Laurence Fishburne (Morpheus from the Matrix trilogy), who's listed as Larry in this movie, and Patricia Arquette (of Medium fame), the main character.
- It took Freddy three movies to reach his well-known snarky attitude and one-liners, but now that he's there I hope he doesn't relapse.
- I liked that Wes Craven actually had something to do with this one - you could tell.
- More of Freddy's story is revealed, and it actually makes sense and flows well with the story we already know. I hope we find out more about him in the coming movies.
I guess third time really is a charm, because this is the best NES yet. I'm kind of looking forward to the next one now.

No comments:
Post a Comment