Wednesday, October 3, 2012

31 Days: Photo 3


(you can click any of these for the larger version)

So, my hubby has a thing for Magic: The Gathering.  He plays in tournaments all the time, has become a Magic Judge, and makes a weekly appearance at FNM.  If you have an MTG geek at home, you probably know all about this lifestyle.  You also probably know the sea of cards that take over all the living spaces in your home!  Heck, even if you don't have a Magic geek at home, you can still probably relate in some way or another.

Today I saw Justin's cards sprawled out on the kitchen table like they always are.  But they caught the light in such a way that I thought this would make a great photo opportunity.  I must say, I'm pretty pleased with the results!


I like how you can still see the embossed symbol behind the flavor text here.

I love the specks of dust on the card sleeves, and the repetition of the corners.




These, however, are my favorite from my mini-shoot.  I am in love with the focal point in the first one, and the reverse focus in the second shot.  I again like the specks of dust and the crazy corners in the last one.  As for all of them, I like the different depths of field in each picture.  Some are complete bokeh, while others aren't so blurry you can't tell what's back there.

Hopefully now you can see why I love my Delilah so much!  She takes...wait for it...magical pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment