Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The $4 Soup


I saw this soup in the grocery store Monday while I was gathering some stuff to make Cheesy Chicken & Rice in the crockpot.  I thought the flavor was interesting, even though I'm not a big seafood person.  I was also very skeptical to pay $4 for a little microwave bowl of soup.  That seemed awful high to me.

You'll notice, it gives "kickin'" and "sweet" as the adjectives of this soup.  Rarely do I come across a food that accomplishes both, but, as I am sitting here eating this right now, I can tell you that this soup definitely delivers.  It's not thick like a stew, but it's not watery like regular soup.  It's good, hearty balance.

I will also say, however, that it's not too low on the calories (460 in the whole cup), so if you're counting, take note!  This soup sort of levels with you there, though, since it's so filling.  You won't have to eat anything in addition, like a sandwich or chips, to accompany this soup.  I'm sitting here now, almost doubled over from being so full!  So if you don't have a problem paying $4 for a 15.5 oz cup of soup and the calorie count isn't your enemy, I'd recommend this soup, especially on cold days like today!

On another food note, I bought another Crockpot yesterday!


Isn't it cute?  I love the owls and how it's brown and orange (my wedding colors).

It's also little!  Here it is on my kitchen counter.


It's shorter than my middle canister!  Hehe.  That's nice, though.  I'm going to enjoy having a crockpot that size for meals like meatball subs, where it's way too small of a meal for the big Crockpot, but too big for the tiny Little Dipper crockpot.  I can't wait to use it!  I was going to put the aforementioned Cheesy Chicken & Rice in it yesterday, but felt like it wouldn't hold it.  That ended up going in my Grandma J crockpot, the same one I use for chili.  So now the crockpot count is up to 4.  Justin had a small fit, claiming we had nowhere to put it.

Ha!  Like I care about that!

2 comments:

  1. I love the new crockpot! Ahhh!!! I have an owl obsession. Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it at Kroger! They are on sale this week for $15. It's a 2.5 quart.

      Delete