If you have never read this book, you should. It's cute.
I'm guessing it was hormones and a little stress. This is Lady Week for me (my absolute least favorite week of any month), and I'm guessing that had a lot to do with it.
I'm also really stressed out about the race this Saturday. I cannot believe it is this Saturday! It's always so unreal to me when what was once a date becomes an actual day. I feel unprepared in the understandable sense that I've never done this before. I don't know what I'm supposed to do or what the protocol for anything is. I didn't think I'd get to this age, aside from the whole children vantage point, where I'd still have to deal with firsts. It scares the hell out of me. My entire family (which is 4 people, you understand) is coming up for this, and I really don't want them to come all this way to watch me fail epically. They would never feel that way, of course, but I would. I'm awful hard on myself.
I guess there's a first time for everything. I'd also like to think that since this race is such a big affair, they'd expect people who'd never raced before, and accommodate. Here's hoping!
Yesterday, I showed really classic signs of depression. I had zero energy, no appetite, I was really tired, and I didn't really care about anything. I sat in my rocker, feeling sad and looking out the window. I didn't do dishes or laundry. I wasn't in any physical pain, and I almost didn't feel anything at all. After I ate dinner, I fell asleep on the couch for several hours and then Justin woke me up to go to bed. It was quite scary as I usually don't feel like that, and I'm glad that's over!
This is what I saw in the mirror at work today. (Oh, and by the way, this is the only bathroom mirror we have in the building. It is propped up against the wall between the men's and women's rooms. The individual bathrooms do not have mirrors in them. Just how to they expect me to know if I'm about to wreck myself if I can't check myself??)
Anyway, I really like my silhouette here. I was very pleasantly surprised. :) In related news, I've lost 7 pounds as of this morning! That was a nice surprise, too. That's almost two bags of sugar! It's the little things...

No comments:
Post a Comment