This morning marked the second time I was able to run an entire mile without stopping. Do not misunderstand. It was a slow mile. I think it took me 15 minutes. The first time I was able to run the mile (Sunday, Sep. 30), it was a very slow little not-really jog/not-really walk. This morning, I started off that same way, but got a little faster the longer I went. I had Pizzula to help me. I downloaded the free audio book, which is read by the author and a good friend of mine, Dave. It has helped me tremendously the last few times I've gone running to stay on track. Music is very distracting to me, and perhaps the sounds of someone's constant (even monotonous at points) voice is much less distracting for me.
When I got in today from running the one mile and walking a half-mile cool down, I went into the bathroom to rinse my face and get the sweat off. That was when I saw it. I actually had sweat on my shirt! I know, gross. But it's a big deal for me! And to make matters even better...
I had sweat all down my back, too! Two big spots on the back. The photo above isn't the best depiction of it, but it was 8 a.m., and all I wanted was a shower so this wasn't a well-planned snapshot. This is a big accomplishment to me, because it means I am actually getting a good workout! I'm getting the results everyone else gets! That's big. I was so happy over my own sweat this morning, it was kinda funny.
And now, I'm going to do something else that is just a big a milestone. I'm gonna do a side-by-side comparison of where I was in July, and where I am now. Ironically, I'm even wearing the same clothes! Before is on the left, this morning is on the right.

You are bold. Don't stop, get it get it
ReplyDeleteLove the Feel Good, Inc. reference.
Delete