Tuesday, October 2, 2012

31 Days: Photos 1 and 2

 
Welcome to Durham, where we take French and make it phonetic.

Yesterday was October 1, and this photo was taken then.  It was taken with my iPhone, Jarvis, and not my Nikon, Delilah.  (Today's photo was taken with Jarvis as well...not off to a good start for 31 Days of Nikon, but it'll get better!)  I'll admit, it took me a while to figure out what the name on the newly-opened salon said.  When we first passed it, I thought it was some kind of African name since the salon caters to African-American women.  But as I sat in the car and kept staring at it, I realized it was a different take on ce soir, French for "tonight."  I nearly died laughing at it.


For today's photo, I will share a glimpse into critter control at work - as in, there is no critter control at work!  We find many friends on the big window at the office, and today it was a praying mantis.  Here he is, praying on our window.  And maybe doing some kung-fu?  Not sure.

1 comment:

  1. HAHA! The phonetic french TOTALLY cracked me up. Ah, North Carolina. How I do love you.

    ReplyDelete