In case you didn't know, Davy Jones of the Monkees died last week. It made my heart very sad. You see, the Monkees were my first favorite band. Their greatest hits CD was the first one I ever owned. They turned me into a daydream believer, and one of my favorite things to do as a child was to pretend I knew all the words to "Going Down." I hate the way Davy went out, too. A heart attack seems so unfair, but, by the same token, it's better than him being murdered or something else horrible. Godspeed, Davy Jones! You will be so missed.
No more sad news, though! How about that continuing weekend coverage? :)
The rest of my weekend was so relaxing. The rest of Saturday night consisted of McDonald's and Psych. Sunday brought the weekly trip to the grocery store, delicious Taco Bell, and even more Psych. God, I love that show.
Oh! That reminds me! I've found another show that I like! It's a new show called GCB, and it comes on ABC right after Desperate Housewives. Last night was the series premier, and I'd seen TV spots for the show for several weeks. The first thing that caught my eye was the producer from Sex and the City and the writer from Steel Magnolias teaming up to create this show. Those are two of my favorite things! And the premier was good, it set the stage well, and developed the characters well, too. I'm excited to see what happens next! Of course, the thing I probably love most about it is how true to life it is. The title stands for Good Christian B-words, and, if I'm not mistaken, is based on a book of the same name. I was raised and grew up in a southern town where the person you are in high school defines you for the rest of your life, and even though being Christian is a good cover, people use it when it's convenient or when they want to look mightier than you. So yeah, the show really hit home for me. Another reason to look forward to Sunday night TV! :)
I think that's about all the good this little pictureless post can do. I'll write about my latest craft later today, though. Happy Monday! (I know, an oxymoron if ever there was one!)
No comments:
Post a Comment