Friday, March 30, 2012

Love Notes craft


For our one-year wedding anniversary, Justin and I got to use the wedding jar Justin's friends gave us for our wedding.  The idea of the jar is you write each other little notes throughout the first year of marriage and stick them in the jar.  On the day of your anniversary, you read the notes!  On the outside of the jar, your last name is on one side, and your wedding date is on the other.  You display your last name throughout the year and the date on your anniversary to commemorate it.  Such a neat little idea.  I loved his little love notes so much, I wanted to display them so I could read them all year!






I figured out how I would like them laid out in a frame.  Justin used sticky notes for his love notes, folded them in half, and wrote "I heart" on the top fold, then wrote why he loved me on the bottom fold.  So, I figured I could put one top fold as "I love you because of these following reasons" at the top of the frame, then follow with the others as bottom folds.

I laid the notes out on our kitchen table to get a color scheme worked out.


Then I measured them across and vertically to get an idea of what size frame I needed.  I had a 50% off coupon to Michaels, so I knew where I was headed!
 

They measured 6 by 6 inches.  So I bought a 6 by 8 frame.  I thought I may want something as a background, so I found a pretty piece of scrapbook paper on clearance for a quarter.

Here's what I ended up with.


Here it is on the bathroom wall.



Cute, right?

Sorry about the pictures in the bathroom, there is NO light in there!  But now I get to look at it all the time and be reminded of Justin's love for me all year long. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment