Saturday, March 17, 2012

Luck of the Over-Enthused

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Even though I am almost 100% Irish, I've never viewed today as something celebratory.  We never went all out to celebrate it in my family, and as I got older, it just became the day that most people look forward to to excuse their drinking habits.

But there are those, my friends, who seriously go all out for this holiday!  Did you know this?  There are people out there who exchange gifts, throw parties, and even create a Santa-esque Leprechaun scene for their children.  Wow.

A Facebook friend posted pictures of his family's Leprechaun shenanigans today, and I don't really understand the concept.  He decorated his home with toilet paper, dragged his child's stuffed animals out into the living room, where a St. Pat-style Stitch (from Lilo and Stitch) hung from their ceiling fan, made little green "foot prints" around the toilet seat where green water lay below, and wrote St. Patrick's Day greetings to his child in lipstick on the bathroom mirror.  Not to mention having green milk in the fridge and the Leprechaun leaving another green solution in the fridge as well.

O...k?  I guess I just don't get it.  This same couple threw a St. Pat-themed wedding for themselves as well, decking the halls with anything green they could find.  Clearly this holiday means a lot to them, and that's all fine and well, I just don't understand what the Leprechaun visit means.  (Or why he used their toilet?)

We had fun taking some pictures of Bonnie today in her St. Pat scarf.  She was adorable and was really good taking pictures, but would not look at the camera once we got outside!  Who knows.





I love that all the shamrocks are made of hearts!
Isn't she cute? :)

Luck to you all!  May you drink all that you desire, and have luck when you need it most!

No comments:

Post a Comment